I’m such a typical resolutionist. One of my resolutions for 2018 is to become a willing diet and exercise participant.
I’m big on walking and running so starting on January 1st, I will be running. My legs are sore and tired just thinking about it but I know it will be good for me.
I also plan on mixing it up a bit. I’ve also considered adding some type of workout with weights to my fittness plan.
So, to make all these workouts worth my while and to keep the motivation going, I’ve decided to create a bullet journal layout to track my progress (and there better be progress)!
See what I did below.
I started this journal by stamping two jars onto the page. One jar “holds” the weight I want to lose (in the form of erasable stars); as I lose that weight, it “pours” into the weight lost jar (where I will draw a star). I’ve seen this jar idea floating around and thought it was such a cute idea! The stamps are from this set, and this is the acrylic block and ink pad I used.
I also added some lettering to the jars with a purple brush pen.
Aside from losing weight and feeling great, rewarding myself for achieving certain goals are huge motivators for me. After thinking of the gifts I’d like to receive for the weight I plan lose, I added a “reward” section to my layout. The banner stamp isn’t currently available but check out other cute stamps from The Sassy Club.
Here’s an explanation for why I chose these specific gifts.
1. I figured if I lose X amount of pounds, I would see that I am all for continuing the diet and exercise journey – and would reward myself with a Fitbit. It’s a great way to see my steps (accomplishments) for the day.
2. For the next weight loss milestone, I decided I would get myself a new pair of running shoes. Like who doesn’t want a new pair of shoes?
3. When I hit the third weight loss goal, I figured a new workout outfit would do me well (hopefully at this point my other workout clothes are a bit too lose).
4. I’ve been wanting to go to Vegas forever! Celebrating this fourth milestone in Vegas is just perfect! Plus, I can get my steps in while walking around all the casinos!
5. By this point, what better way to relax my muscles then with a spa day? I cannot wait for this one.
6. Once I hit the sixth milestone I will have achieved my goal (and will need to maintain it). At this point my past clothes won’t fit, and I’ll need some new ones.
Anyway, these milestones are not an east feat. I definitely have many months of work ahead of me.
And for the last part of my layout, I’ve decided to track my measurements. At the beginning of every month I will measure my body and track the changes. I created this spreadsheet with the green and pink pens from this set and this ruler.
Notebooks and Ruler
Stamps, Acrylic Block, Ink Pad